Autumn Recipe: Pumpkin And Potato Soup
Warm up during the colder months with a steaming bowl of this hearty homemade soup...
- 400g of pumpkin, peeled and cut into small cubes. This is approximately half a medium pumpkin.
- 500g cubed Maris Piper potatoes
- One diced red onion
- One crushed clove of garlic
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 200ml vegetable stock
- Sage leaves
1. Heat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200C.
2. Spread the diced pumpkin out on a baking tray and scatter onion, sage and garlic over the top. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Boil the potatoes while the pumpkin is roasting. Boil for eight minutes and then drain.
3. Blend the potatoes and pumpkin together in a blender, before transferring to a saucepan, along with the vegetable stock and bringing to the boil.
4. Once warmed through, serve with a slice or two of crusty loaf.