Keeping the kids entertained is challenging at the best of times, let alone when we’re unable to leave home. Here’s the first of our kids activities – let’s make our own bird feeders!
It’s a really simple way to keep the kids busy and creative for a little while, it won’t cost the bomb, and you can do it with stuff you’ve already got around the house – thanks to the Woodland Trust for this idea!
Things you’ll need:
- Loo roll or kitchen roll tube
- Peanut butter (ideally no added salt and sugar – it makes the birds a bit hyper!)
- Bird seed
Let’s make it!
- Take your cardboard tube and coat it in some peanut butter.
- Roll the peanut buttered tube through a generous amount of bird seed so the whole tube is covered.
- Thread some string through the tube and tie on to a branch, or somewhere birds will feel comfortable eating.
- Spot some of natures flying friends!
Photo courtesy of The Woodland Trust