This all-in-one tray bake by Adele Trathan is ideal as a mid-week meal, it combines great flavours for a tasty meal but with minimal washing-up
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 700g (1lb 8oz) waxy baby potatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, whole but bashed
- 275g (10oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- Chopped parsley to garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200C (400F, Gas 6). In a large bowl, stir together the mustard, lemon juice, paprika, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken halves and toss to coat. Set aside while you chop the vegetables.
- Cut the baby potatoes into halves. Peel the red onion and cut into 8 wedges. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half but keep them separate from the other vegetables.
- In a large baking or roasting dish toss the potatoes, peppers, onion, and garlic with salt, pepper, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Spread them evenly in the pan.
- Nestle the chicken into the vegetables and top with any extra sauce and the rosemary sprigs. Bake uncovered on the middle shelf of the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and turn the ingredients, then scatter the cherry tomatoes on top, and return the pan to the oven.
- Bake for another 25 to 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and chicken cooked through. Garnish with parsley and serve with a salad and crusty bread.