The perfect refreshment on a sunny afternoon!
- Serves: 4
- 170g (6 oz) of caster sugar zest and juice of 2 limes
- 6 tbsp of gin
- 425ml (¾ pint) tonic water (NOT diet)
- Fresh lime and mint to decorate
- Dissolve the sugar into 425ml (¾ pint) of water over a moderate heat.
- Stir in the juice, zest and skin of the limes, then boil for five minutes, or until its reduced.
- Put to one side to cool, then squeeze out the peel and strain.
- Add the tonic water and gin, then put the liquid into a freezer container (I recycle an old ice cream carton) and freeze.
- Remove the container from the freezer and beat the mixture until creamy in texture, then return it to the freezer until its time to serve.
- Serve in a glass with a little grated lime peel and a spray of fresh mint. Alcohol does not freeze in domestic freezers, so the more gin you include, the slushier it will be. However, it does have a wonderfully fresh taste!
Note: This recipe is suitable for adults only.