Foodbanks and seasonal boxes are a lifeline to many. Donations of food and basics such as toiletries can go a long way to helping those in desperate need. Find your nearest drop off points and opening times below
- Opening times: Tuesday 13:00-15:00, Thursday 10:00-12:00
- Address: 19-20 Station Road, Bexhill-on-Sea TN40 1RE
- Opening times: Wednesday 13:00-15:00 at the Benedict Whistler Room, (behind St Mary’s Church), Upper Lake, Battle TN33 0AN
Bexhill Foodbank is a social project run by Churches Together in Bexhill in co-operation with churches across Rother. There are various locations and opening times for the Bexhill Foodbank, visit the website to find the nearest one, and how you can help. Distribution of food is through a voucher system, contact details below for further information.
BURGESS HILL COMMUNITY FOODBANK
- Opening times: Tuesday & Thursday 11:00-13:00
- Address: 85 Church Walk, Burgess Hill RH15 9BQ
- Opening Times: Monday & Friday 10:00-12:00 at Powell House (next to the URC Church), 21 Keymer Road, Hassocks BN6 8AB
We offer a delivery service in Hurstpierpoint, normally on Wednesday or Friday mornings. Bags of food, enough for three days for any size family are available at any of the distribution centres. The food is exchanged for an electronic voucher which are available from over 40 local agencies which includes Burgess Hill Town Council Help Point. Please see our website for the agencies which supply vouchers, or if you want further information about us, including how to contact us. We are here to help those in our community who are struggling at this time.
- Opening Times: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Address: Crawley Open House, Riverside House, Stephenson Way, Crawley RH10 1TN
Donations of food and other necessities can be dropped off at any time at the above address. They operate the Crawley Food Bank Partnership in conjunction with another Crawley charity, the Easter Team. Crawley Open House also run a 26 bed high-support homeless shelter, and provide 3 hot meals a day for residents and day centre guests, so food donations are also needed for this vital work.
- Telephone: 01293 447702
- Website: www.crawleyopenhouse.co.uk
- Address: United Church, Croft Road, Crowborough TN6 1HA
Distribution of food is through a voucher system. See the website for donation drop off points and times. We are part of a nationwide network of foodbanks, supported by The Trussell Trust and provided over 22,600 meals last year.
- Telephone: 07936 515798
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.crowborough.foodbank.org.uk
- Opening times: Various
There are various locations and opening times for the Eastbourne Foodbank, visit the website to find the nearest one, and how you can help. Distribution of food is through a voucher system, contact details below for further information.
- Telephone: 01323 409925
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.eastbourne.foodbank.org.uk/locations
EAST GRINSTEAD FOODBANK
- Opening times: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 13:00-15:00
- Address: Jubilee Community Centre, Charlwoods Road, East Grinstead RH19 2HL
We support local individuals and families in crisis, referred to us by local agencies. Throughout lockdown and between 1st September 2020 and 30th September 2021, we fulfilled 1,056 vouchers feeding 1,576 Adults and 1,176 children. Volunteers are at the heart of the foodbank – we can’t serve the community without them. Lockdown meant many of our volunteers had to self-isolate, a new cohort of volunteers was recruited who are managing admirably with the new technology we’re now using. The easing of lockdown rules has meant we’re able to welcome back some of our long-standing volunteers and we’re now welcoming people back to our (Covid-19 safe) foodbank sessions at the Jubilee Community Centre.
We anticipate an increase in demand on last year in the lead up to this Christmas and the New Year so we’re planning ahead and storing food. We’re also encouraging monetary donations via our website. In addition to giving clients food and household items we also talk to clients and try to understand their needs and situation, and where appropriate look to ‘signpost’ them to other groups who may be able to assist.
Foodbank vouchers can now be issued electronically by many of our referral agencies, reducing face-to-face contact, keeping everyone safer. If you, or someone you know, needs our help, call us or email us. We’ll call you back to chat about how we can help.
- Telephone: 07856 864251
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eastgrinstead.foodbank.org.uk
- Opening times: Tuesday - Friday 10:00-12:00 (closed on Bank holidays)
- Address: 4 Market Square, Hailsham, BN27 1AG
If you require a Foodbank voucher please approach your health practitioner, school, statutory agency, housing association or Citizens Advice.
Telephone: 01323 398358
HAYWARDS HEATH FOODBANK
- Address: Haywards Heath Baptist Church, 9 Sussex Road, Haywards Heath RH16 4DZ
Haywards Heath Foodbank has been operating as delivery only since 8th April 2020. Distribution of food is through a voucher system. See the website for donation drop off points and times. We are part of a nationwide network of foodbanks, supported by The Trussell Trust.
- Telephone: 07884 106719
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.haywardsheath.foodbank.org.uk
- Opening Times: Monday to Friday, 10:00 – 15:00
- Address: Denton Island Community Centre, Newhaven BN9 9BA
Newhaven Community Supermarket is an affordable food scheme, which offers food and other essential items to members on a pay as you feel basis. To become a member, phone in advance or just show up on the day. A member of our team will discuss your circumstances with you and there will also be an opportunity to discuss further services and support should you need them. If you are unable to attend the Community Supermarket due to a health condition or disability, please phone to arrange a food delivery.
Donations of non-perishable food are very welcome and can be left at several collection points including Sainsbury’s Newhaven, Morrisons Seaford and Denton Island Community Centre.
- Telephone: 01273 516032
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.sussexcommunity.org.uk
- Office opening times: Tuesday & Friday, 09:30-16:00
- Foodbank opening times: Tuesday & Friday, 12:15-14:15
- Address: The Source, The Hub, Civic Approach, Uckfield, East Sussex TN22 1AL
Distribution of food is through a voucher system. Vouchers are issued by agencies such as Citizens Advice, Doctors’ surgeries, Health Visitors, HomeWorks, most primary schools in Uckfield or as on our website. Clients should bring their voucher to The Source to collect their food. We can deliver food to outlying villages or to clients without transport on Fridays between 14:00-16:00 but we encourage people to visit the distribution centre, where there are usually some extras available for clients to select.
- Telephone: 01825 745489
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.uckfield.foodbank.org.uk
- Opening times: Monday to Friday 14:00-15:30
- Address: Redeemer Church Building, 1st Floor, 44 Guildbourne Centre, Worthing, BN11 1LZ
Distribution of food is through a voucher system and clients need to access help through the various agencies who hold our vouchers. Food collections are held at various supermarkets throughout the year. See website for details.