Adele Trathan’s fish finger wraps are an easy, weekend or summer holiday lunch for kids to make, using a few staple ingredients from the fridge and freezer, wrapped up for a nutritionally balanced and deliciously simple meal
- 8 fish fingers
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 1 Little Gem lettuce or similar
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- ½ red onion or 4 spring onions
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium to high heat. Grill the fish fingers, turning occasionally, for 12-15 minutes until crisp and golden.
- In the meantime, mix the ketchup and mayonnaise together in a bowl. Slice the lettuce, then chop the onion, tomatoes and cucumber into small pieces.
- Spread a generous amount of the mayonnaise/ketchup mixture on one side of each tortilla wrap. Layer with the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and onions then top with two fish fingers.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon for the kids to squeeze. Wrap up, tuck in, then make some more!